GP Batteries International Limited (“GP Batteries”) and its subsidiaries and associated companies strives to ensure compliance with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality in protection of the personal data supplied by the website users (collectively, “the User”, “Users” or “User”). It is the policy of GP Batteries to comply with applicable rules governing data protection, and particularly General Data Protection Regulation no. 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (known as “GDPR”) and, on a subsidiary basis, all the national legal rules enacted pursuant to that regulation.
Personal data is stored securely in GP Batteries’ systems and retained once the User is registered with any one of the GP Batteries websites. Only authorized staff members have the right to access the data, and GP Batteries will not release the personal data to third parties without the Users’ permission except as set out in the “Personal Information Collection Statement”.
GP Batteries may, from time to time, send direct marketing materials promoting products and services to Users based on their personal data provided, but opt-out arrangement will be made upon receipt of written request by contacting us at the addresses appearing in the section headed “FOR MORE INFORMATION” below.
GP Batteries’ products and services are not generally aimed at children. In the limited circumstances where we may collect and use personal information about children under 16, for example to develop an educational resource, we will comply with industry guidelines and applicable laws.
Personal Information Collection Statement
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect personal data about you from various means, including:-
• your registration online or place an order for any of our products or services;
• your registration for an event, voluntarily complete a customer survey, provide feedback on any of our messages board or via e-mail, request information or call us for support (Please note that phone calls may be recorded for security, quality assurance, training and development purposes);
• your use or view our website via your browser’s cookies;
• your interaction with business partners and third party service providers who works with GP Batteries in relation to our products or services;
• publicly available sources such as public websites, open government database or other data in the public domain
The types of personal data GP Batteries collect from you will depend on the specific type of services and products as requested by, or provided to, you.
Users may be asked to provide personal data for various services offered on this website. Users are not obliged to supply the personal data, but if they do not provide the information, the services will be unavailable. By providing your personal data to us, you acknowledge that such provision is fair and reasonable in the circumstances. The types of personal data GP Batteries will collect includes the following:
• your personal information (e.g. your name, gender, date of birth, nationality, or other personally identifiable number);
• your contact information (e.g. telephone numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses and fax numbers);
• your business information (e.g. company name, business title and associated contact information);
• your credit or debit or other charge cards information (e.g. name of cardholder, card number, billing address, security code and expiry date);
• your interests, personal preferences or comments;
• your comments and responses to market surveys, contests and promotional offers conducted by us or on our behalf; and/or
• information when you use our websites or other services or products (e.g. behavioural information, purchasing history, location information, browser details, IP addresses).
PURPOSE AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data is collected for the following purposes:
• compiling statistics about habits and preference of Users to analyze site usage and further development
• collecting personal data for identity verification and updating contact lists for correspondence
• contacting Users regarding administrative notices and communications
• dealing with your enquiries and fulfilling your requests
• performing our contract with you in relation to our products or services
GP Batteries may use your personal data in the following ways:
• share information with GP Batteries’ subsidiaries and associated companies;
• share information with third party service providers for normal operation of GP Batteries website and relevant marketing activities as described below;
• register, verify and manage your account on our website;
• processing your purchase orders and contacting you regarding your purchase orders if necessary, as well as arranging delivery of the purchased goods;
• copying, distributing, publishing, sharing or otherwise exploiting your user-generated contents on our website or other social media platforms, in whole or in part, through website, other social media accounts or any other marketing campaigns of GP Batteries;
• providing product warranty and maintenance services and customer and/or technical support to you;
• communicating with you about your account and sending you information about our products and services, as well as features of our website;
• operating, monitoring, customizing, enhancing, maintaining, optimizing and/or improving our website as well as our goods and/or services offered and customizing, providing and improving our services and your browsing experience on our website;
• obtaining various types of demographics information from our website, which we use to operate, maintain and/or improve our website;
• reviewing and customizing the advertising and content of our website, as well as promotional materials;
• reviewing, improving and strengthening our marketing strategies, including without limitation to formulating and/or conducting market analysis and research, such as interviews and focus groups;
• administering contests, competitions and promotions including informing you of a prize you have won;
• managing and responding to your comments and inquiries submitted to us;
• communicating with you about changes to our policies or terms and conditions;
• detecting, investigating and preventing activities that may violate our terms and conditions, policies or may be illegal;
• compile, process and generate statistics and crash reports for the Website, and performing statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of our customers as well as Users of our website;
• compile, maintain and update our database of account holders and Users on our website;
• our customer relationship management (such as conducting consumer satisfaction surveys) as well as other internal management or administrative purposes in relation to website.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
User information will not be disclosed or transferred to any other party in a form that would identify them except as follows:
• as required by any person, government or law enforcement authority
• any person under a duty of confidentiality to GP Batteries and its subsidiaries, associates as well as related corporations (including accountants, legal advisers or other advisers)
• for administrative and other purposes deemed necessary to maintain and improve service
• User information may be shared among GP Batteries, its subsidiaries, associates as well as related corporations. These parties may have places of business outside Hong Kong, and information may be transferred out of Hong Kong. By subscribing to GP Batteries website or logging in, Users agree to the transfer of information to these parties outside Hong Kong. These parties have their own privacy policies and GP Batteries has no control over their use of information; so GP Batteries is not liable for their use of information.
The areas in which these recipients are located will vary from time to time, but include the America, Europe, Asia, and other countries where GP Batteries has a presence or uses contractors. Click to see a list of global locations at https://ind.gpbatteries.com/global-network
When we transfer personal information internationally, we put in place safeguards in accordance with applicable law (including Articles 44 to 50 of the GDPR). If you would like to know more about our personal data transfer practices, please contact us under “FOR MORE INFORMATION” section.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
GP Batteries would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every User is entitled to the following:
• Right of access – You shall have the right to obtain from GP Batteries confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and the following information, including but not limited to:-
o the purpose of the processing;
o the categories of personal data concerned;
o the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations;
• Right to restriction of processing – You shall have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time, provided the processing concerned is based on consent.
• Right to rectification – You shall have the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you;
• Right to erasure - the right to ask for your personal data to be deleted in certain circumstances;
• Right to restriction of processing - The right to object to, to ask for restrictions on, the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
• Right to data portability - You shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided, where:-
o the processing is based on consent; and
o the processing is carried out by automated means;
• Right to object – You shall have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her which is based on point (e) or (f) of GDPR Article 6(1), including profiling based on those provisions.
• The controller shall no longer process the personal data unless the controller demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
• Right to complaint – You shall have the right to file a complaint with the national authority (details of which are provided below) if you think that one or more of your rights have been infringed by GP Batteries;
• You can exercise your rights by contacting us at the addresses appearing in the section headed “FOR MORE INFORMATION” below.
AMENDMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
Users have the right to amend their personal data by contacting GP Batteries directly via email.
If you wish to update or delete your personal data submitted, please send your request to: email@example.com
Users have the right to lodge complaints about how GP Batteries manages your personal information, you can lodge a complaint with GP Batteries’ Data Protection Officer who can be reach by the “FOR MORE INFORMATION” section below or with a supervisory authority.
A list of National Data Protection Authorities in the European Economic Area can be found here:
This Policy may be amended from time to time. You may access and obtain a copy of this Policy, as amended from time to time, at https://hk.gpbatteries.com so that you are always informed of the way we collect and use personal data.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
GP Batteries International Limited (“GP Batteries”) is the operator of GP Batteries Hong Kong Online Store https://hk.gpbatteries.com. It is the policy of GP Batteries to comply with applicable rules governing data protection, and particularly General Data Protection Regulation no. 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (known as “GDPR”) and, on a subsidiary basis, all the national legal rules enacted pursuant to that regulation.
WHAT IS A COOKIE
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the website and it is used to identify the user or device and to collect information. Cookies record your preferences and actions when accessing the same when you visit the website. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, avoiding users to re-enter them whenever users return the website or browse from one page to another.
FOR WHAT ARE COOKIES USED IN THIS WEBSITE
FOR WHAT ARE THE COOKIES NOT USED IN THIS WEBSITE
We do not store sensitive information of personal identification such as your address, password, credit card data, etc., in the cookies that we use.
We use the following types of cookies when you access our website All browser settings are slightly different, so to manage cookies, you should refer to the relevant settings within your browser.
The following types of cookies are used in our website:
• Essential cookies. These cookies enable you to use our website; they are essential to enable you to browse our website and use certain features. Disabling them may prevent you from using certain parts of the website. These cookies also help keep our website safe and secure.
• Performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use our website, such as which pages you visit regularly. These cookies are used to provide you with a high-quality experience by doing things such as tracking page load, website response times, and error messages. They are also used to gather feedback on customer satisfaction through surveys.
• Content advertising cookies. These cookies gather information about your use of our website so we may improve your experience and provide you with more relevant content and advertising. They remember that you have visited our website and help us understand how you use them. Some of these cookies are from third parties that collect information about users of our website in order to provide advertising based on users’ online activities. The third parties involved in this type of advertising collect internet browsing information (e.g., websites visited, time of visit) across different websites and over time, and they may use the information they collect on our website to provide you ads (from us and other companies) across the internet.
CONNECTING VIA SOCIAL NETWORKS
Some of our services may include social networking features, such as the Facebook® “Like” button and widgets, “Share” buttons, and interactive mini-programs. Additionally, you may choose to use your own social networking logins from, for example, Facebook or LinkedIn®, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter and other interactive mini programs to log into some of our Services. If you choose to connect using a social networking or similar service, we may receive and store authentication information from that service to enable you to log in and other information that you may choose to share when you connect with these services. These services may collect information such as the web pages you visited and IP addresses, and may set cookies to enable features to function properly. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties. You should review the privacy statements or policies applicable to the third party services you connect to, use, or access. If you do not want your personal information shared with your social media account provider or other users of the social media service, please do not connect your social media account with your account for the services and do not participate in social sharing on the services.
CAN THE USE OF COOKEIS BE DEACTIVATED
Yes, the cookies can be deactivated. However, if you select this configuration, you might not be able to access certain parts of our website, it may cause less efficient navigation and you cannot take advantage of some of our services. If you prefer to restrict, block or erase the cookies from this website, you can do so by modifying your browser's configuration. Although the parameterization of each browser is different, the configuration of the cookies is usually done in the Preferences or Tools menu. For more details on the configuration of the cookies in your browser, consult its Help menu. You can read more about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Last update: December 2021